In association with the Arts Council England, Bath Flash Fiction Award is sponsoring the first ever UK literary festival entirely devoted to flash fiction. Taking place on the weekend of National Flash Fiction Day UK, Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th June, the inaugural Flash Fiction Festival will be held in Bath.
Check out our action-packed programme; we've organised a great line up of workshop leaders, speakers, writers and teachers of the short and short-short form – Vanessa Gebbie, Paul McVeigh, Tania Hershman, David Gaffney, David Swann, Ashley Chantler, Peter Blair, K M Elkes, Kit de Waal, Michael Loveday, Christopher Feilden, Calum Kerr, Jude Higgins and Meg Pokrass.
We're covering all aspects of flash – its meteoric rise in recent times, submitting to magazines, writing micros, flashing scientifically, editing, converting dreams into short-short fiction, using prompts, thinking of titles, editing and distilling, building a collection, writing a killer first page, a fun write-in-cliches workshop and more.
Other events include:
- The launch of the NFFD 2017 anthology with Director of National Flash Fiction Day, Dr Calum Kerr and Co-director, Santino Prinzi.
- The announcements of the Bath Flash Fiction June round judged by Festival Curator, Meg Pokrass.
- An evening of readings from leading practitioners.
- A festival long Ad Hoc Fiction contest with prizes.
- A raffle with prizes in aid of Book Aid International.
We'd love to see you there. All sections of the community are welcome. Beginner writers can give flash fiction a go and learn all about the short short form. And experienced flash fiction writers have a wealth of opportunity to write something new or try a different approach.