We host two international flash fiction writing competitions; the Bath Flash Fiction Award, and the Bath Novella-in-Flash Award. Entrants have the opportunity to appear in our print and digital books.
Flash Fiction Award
- 300 word limit.
- £1000 prize for the winner, £300 second and £100 third. Two commendations £30 each.
- 50 longlisted entrants offered publication in our end of year print and digital anthology. Those accepting receive a free copy.
- Flash Award judge, Meg Pokrass shortlists to 20 and chooses the winning, second, third, and two commended fictions.
- The Flash Fiction Award closes Midnight GMT June 11th 2017.
- Winners announced at this year's Flash Fiction Festival, Sat 24th & Sun 25th June.
- Enter the Flash Fiction Award here online.
- The current Novella-in-Flash Award closed on the 31st January 2017. Judging is now in progress.
- Our next Novella-in-Flash Award is scheduled to close 29th January 2018. Opening for entries soon; sign-up to find out when.
We curate views, interviews and reviews of all things flash, and in addition to our two main awards, we also run the free weekly eBook micro-fiction challenge, Ad Hoc Fiction. Ad Hoc encourages writers of all experience to practise crafting very short fiction, and actively involves readers by giving them a vote in choosing weekly winning Ad Hoc Fictions.
The awards are organised by Jude Higgins, with the help of a development team who run our websites and create new projects. Jude also co-runs the international Bath Short Story Award, and Writing Events Bath. She is a writer and writing tutor, holding a Masters Degree in Creative Writing from Bath Spa University.
Bath Flash Fiction Award is self-supporting and not-for-profit. We pride ourselves in our ability to continually develop new ways to promote emerging flash fiction writers and flash fiction in general. If you would like to talk to us further, we tweet @BathFlashAward, or you can contact us here.